How to benchmark your success
We get a lot of questions about benchmarking your statistics and measuring the success of your intranet.
- Can you show us what success looks like?
- Do you have any benchmarking data that we can compare to?
- Are there resources on how others have done so we can benchmark our success?
The answer is no. Here are some reasons why:
All organizations are different:
- They vary in size - employee numbers, available resources, etc.
- They use the intranet in different ways - focus on engagement, focus on knowledge consumption, etc.
- They have different busy and quiet periods
We encourage you to benchmark your data against yourselves by looking back at your historical data. Try comparing January of this year to January of last year, or the first week of January this year to the first week of January last year, and see how things have changed.
Questions to ask yourself:
- Is there a reason for that growth?
- Is there a reason for that drop in usage?
- Was it a holiday season or a quiet season for our organization?
- Did we do a lot of hiring in this period and our organization size increased significantly?
- Did we have an intranet manager whose job was dedicated to growing our intranet?
There are many factors that come into play. Hopefully this can help you create a benchmark to measure your own success.
Please sign in to leave a comment.