Create Segments for individual groups and departments in ThoughtFarmer Analytics to track what users in a specific group or department are viewing on your intranet.
Create Segments for groups/departments
- On your TF Analytics dashboard, click on the All Visits option at the top of the page, and then click Add New Segment.
- Add the name of the group/department you'd like to track - in the example below we call it "Customer Success".
- Choose Group Membership as the first field.
- Choose Contains as the second field.
- In the third field, you need to insert the group ID number that identifies the group/department that you want to track. To locate the group ID:
- On your intranet, go to the group/department page you want to track.
- In the URL, you'll see the group number number following /content/. For example: intranet.thoughtfarmer.ca/content/20731/[group-name]
- Copy this number in the URL and enter it into the third field when creating your segment.
- If you have more than one group you want to add in one segment, you can separate these numbers by comma.
- Click Save & Apply.
- You have now created a Segment for the Customer Success team.
- Repeat the steps above to create Segments for all of the groups/departments that you want to track. You can then switch between different Segments to pull reports for different groups/departments. Don't forget to also change the date range to what you want to track.