How to add News Card content feeds in MS OutlookUse these instructions to add News content from intranet pages to your MS Outlook RSS folder. You can add a recent activity feed from any intranet page and even from specific search results.
Feeds from News, Blog, Forum and Calendar pages on your ThoughtFarmer intranet are particularly useful. New posts to these types of sections show up almost immediately in your RSS reader so you can always have access to the latest news from the comfort of your inbox.
Copy a page's RSS URL & open OutlookYou must be running a full version of MS Outlook on a PC in order to follow these instructions. This will not work on Outlook for Mac or in Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- Navigate to an intranet page and copy the page's RSS URL. How you get the RSS URL depends on which web browser you're using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari). Check your browser's documentation for RSS auto-discovery.
- Go to your email in MS Outlook.
- Right-click on the RSS Feeds or RSS Subscriptions folder.
- Click Add a New RSS Feed.
- Paste the RSS URL in the New RSS Feed pop-up window.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- You'll see your new RSS feed listed under the RSS Feeds folder.
- Click on the RSS feed in the folder to see and scroll through a list of recent feed items.