Install/Update an expiring SSL certificate
This page explains how to import a new SSL certificate into your server and replace the expiring certificate for your site.
Install the new SSL certificate on web server
- On the server, right-click the new SSL certificate > select Install PFX to open the Certificate Import Wizard.
- For Store Location, choose Local Machine. Click Next.
- For File name, input the file path of your SSL certificate. Click Next.
- Enter your password for the certificate. For Import options, check the boxes for the settings below, then click Next.
- Mark this key as exportable
- Include all extended properties
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and choose the Personal folder. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Replace SSL certificate in IIS
- Open IIS.
- Expand the Sites folder. Click on your site.
- Open your site's bindings (right side).
- Edit your https binding.
- In the SSL certificate dropdown, select the new certificate that you imported earlier.
- Click OK and close the window.
Test it out
Go to your site and confirm in the browser that the new SSL certificate is showing with the correct Valid from date range.
Please sign in to leave a comment.