Set up a Shout-outs Card to promote employee recognition
Shouts-outs are a great way of empowering employees to recognize one another for their outstanding contributions. In a few simple steps, users can send positive reinforcement to one colleague or several colleagues for a great presentation, a successful product launch, positive qualities, or anything else that deserves a Shout-out.
By adding a Shout-outs Card to a page, you add one more place where employees can give and receive recognition on the intranet.
- In edit mode, click Set up cards under Content type & template on the right. The Update cards window will open.
- Click Modify template, click the plus sign in the column you want to add it in, and click on Shout-outsin the Cards menu on the right.
- Click Set up on the Shout-outs Card to select your options.
- In the Shout-outs pop-up window, choose the radio button for what type of Shout-outs you want to display in the Card. If you select the Group option, then click in the box below, start typing the name of the group you want, and click on it when it appears in the menu. Repeat to add multiple groups.
- (Optional) You can change the title of the Shout-outs card by clicking the pencil icon beside Shout-outs, typing in a new name, and clicking Save.
- (Optional) You can change or delete the description that appears with the Shout-outs card by clicking the pencil icon beside the description, typing in a new description, and clicking Save.
- Select the # of items to display by clicking on the menu beside it and selecting a number from 1-25 from the menu.
- Select the checkbox Display an entry field if you want users to be able to send Shout-outs from the Shout-out Card.
- Click Done at the bottom of the Shout-outs pop-up window.
- Click Done at the bottom of the Update cards window.
- Click Save at the top right.
The size and shape of the Shout-outs Card will depend on the layout of your page and the size of the device it is viewed on.