The User Management page allows you to control the security membership to multiple security groups for a single user at one time. To manage security group memberships based on the actual security group please see Security groups.
Manage security profile membership for a user
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin panel: Users & Security section > User management page.
- Use the filter, sort, and query tools to find the desired user or set of users (see Find users for more info).
- Click the gear icon in the Action column to the right of the user, and click Security groups in the menu that opens. This will open the Select a security group dialog box.
- Drag-and-drop security groups from the All security groups column to the Member of column to add a user to that group.
- To select multiple consecutive groups: Click on the first group, then hold the SHIFT key and click on the last group.
- To select multiple non-consecutive groups: Click on the first group, then hold the CTRL key and click on each group you want to select.
- Once multiple groups are selected, click on any of the selected groups to drag-and-drop the entire selected group to another column.
- Drag-and-drop security groups from the Member of column to the All security groups column to remove a user from that group.
- Click Save.
Note that you cannot add or remove users from security groups that are mapped to Active Directory security groups. These will be noted with a lock icon beside them. You must change the membership in Active Directory and then run the sync task Refresh security group memberships from AD groups.