How to add & delete tags on pages
Use these instructions to add tags to pages on the intranet and to delete tags. On any page for which you have edit permission you can add tags. Think of tags as search keywords that help make your page easier for you and others to find. Adding tags is easy, even fun and you can just as easily delete tags.
Once you add a new tag to a page, the tag is added to the system and other employees will be able to see and use that tag on other pages. Your ThoughtFarmer intranet tagging feature includes "search type ahead" technology that brings up any matching tags as you type (just like Google search results). If a tag already exists you can easily find it and pick it from the list without recreating it. You can also choose from a list of Recommended Tags that your intranet has determined would be helpful to have on that page.
How to add tags
You can add tags either while viewing a page or in edit mode:
- When viewing a page: Click the down arrow at the bottom right of the page header to expand the Page Controls. Click Add tags or the Edit icon (a pencil) in the Page Controls. This brings up the Tags pop-up window.
- When editing a page: Click the Add tags or Edit tags link in the Tags section on the right. This brings up the Tags pop-up window.
- In the text box, start typing a tag. A list of matching tags will automatically appear.
- Click once on a tag from the matching list to select it; or type your new tag and click on create new tag in the list. Alternatively, select from the Recommended tags displayed by clicking on the tag you want. The tag will appear on the list in the pop-up window.
- Continue adding tags or click the Save button (or the Done button if you are in edit mode) at the bottom of the pop-up window. The tags will appear in a list under the Tags section.
When adding or editing tags, you can view all existing tags by clicking Show all tags below the Recommended tags. This expands to show all existing tags sorted into tag bundles and unbundled tags. You can sort the tags by alphabetical order or frequency of usage by clicking on one of the sort options displayed.
To learn more, see How to add tags to files and How to add tags to gallery photos.
How to delete tags
You can delete any tag from a page on which you have edit permission. When you delete a tag it is removed from the page, but still exists within the system so you and others can use it later on.
- You can delete tags either while viewing a page or in edit mode.
- When viewing a page: Click the down arrow at the bottom right of the page header to expand the Page Controls. Click the edit icon (a pencil) beside Tags in the Page Controls. This brings up the Tags pop-up window.
- When editing a page: Click the Edit tags link in the Tags section on the right. This brings up the Tags pop-up window
- Click on the X next to the tag you want to remove. The tag will disappear from the list.
- Continue editing tags or click Save or Done at the bottom of the Tags pop-up window.
Hot intranet tip!
Add parenthetical full term to acronym tags
Are you adding an acronym as a tag? Don't just type the acronym, type the full term. This way when you and others add that tag to a page, you'll be able to find the page through searches for either the acronym or the full term.
Example: For the acronym "TLA" create the tag "TLA (three letter acronyms)"