To achieve Payment Card Industry compliance or as part of the security for your organization, you may need to block credit card numbers from being saved on an intranet page.
The config setting validation.preventCreditCards is enabled by default and prevents credit card numbers from being saved in intranet content. When this setting is enabled, your intranet performs several checks to identify numbers that may be credit card numbers.
If a credit card number is detected, an error message will appear when a user tries to save the content containing the number. The credit card number must be removed before the content can be saved.
Enable/disable blocking credit card numbers:
- Go to the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration Settings page.
- Type credit in the Search config settings field to narrow the config settings results.
- Find the config setting:
- Click in the Value column beside the config setting. The default value is true.
- Select the true radio button to block credit card numbers in intranet content on save.
- Select the false radio button to allow credit card numbers in intranet content on save.
- Click Save.