You can add links to cloud drive files and folders in the content of your page in the same way you would link to another intranet page or an external website. Use the Insert link button in the Rich Text Editor to quickly connect your audience to the files they need.
Links in page content are different than document library style links. To learn about linking files in cloud drive libraries, see link or embed cloud drive files.
To learn more about inserting links to intranet pages, external websites, email addresses and more, see Insert links.
Add link to a cloud drive file or folder in a page
- Click the Edit button (pencil icon) in the page header to go into edit mode.
- Use your cursor to highlight the text you want to make into a link. Or just set your cursor where you want to insert the link.
- Click the Insert link button to bring up the link pop-up window.
- In the pop-up window, click on the tab for the cloud drive that stores the file you want to link to. (eg. Google Drive, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Box). If you are not logged in to your account for the cloud drive, click Login to [cloud drive name] and follow the prompts to login.
- To find the file or folder you want to link to:
- In Google Drive, click on My Drive to open a dropdown menu where you can switch between viewing files in My Drive, Shared with me, Recents and Shared drives.
- Click on a folder name to expand it and view the contents. The path to your current location in the navigation will show as a breadcrumb at the top of the files. Click on sections of the breadcrumb to go back up the navigation.
- Select the radio button beside a file to select it for linking. The Link to text at the bottom will show the path to the file you have selected.
- The Link Label box at the bottom of the link window contains the text that will display as the link. Click in the Link Label box and type new text if you want to add or change the link text.
- Click Insert in the lower right corner of the search box. The pop-up window will close and you'll see your text has changed color (indicating a link).
- Continue editing or click Save at the top of the page.