Broadcasts are a means of quickly getting an urgent or important message out to the right people. You can alert an entire organization, users in a certain location or department, or specific individuals. Broadcasts can be used for emergency communications, such as alerting people to a severe weather event or a health and safety issue at their location. Broadcasts can also be used to announce the release of an important communication.
Broadcasts can be sent as a banner on the intranet, an email, or a push notification to users' mobile devices. Users must download the ThoughtFarmer mobile app to their device, login, and allow notifications to receive broadcast push notifications.
Read a more detailed introduction to broadcasts on Create broadcasts.
Example broadcast banner shows at the top of the page, above the application toolbar
Example broadcast email
Example broadcast mobile push notification
Turn broadcasts on/off
The ability to create broadcasts is enabled by default for administrators. Broadcasts can be disabled at any time. Turning broadcasts off will remove the link to the broadcast center in the profile menu. If there are live broadcast banners when broadcasts are switched off, broadcast banners will disappear on the next page refresh or navigation. If existing banners are still active when broadcasts are turned back on, they will reappear for users.
- Go to Admin panel: Content section > Broadcast page.
- Click the Enable broadcast notifications toggle to ON or OFF.
Permissions for who can set up broadcast notifications are set on the Admin panel: Content section > Broadcast page. Under Permissions, select the radio button for the desired permissions. The default permissions setting is Administrators only.
There are two Permissions options:
- Administrators only: Only administrators can set up broadcast notifications.
- A specific security group or individuals: Members of a specific security group or selected individuals (in addition to admins) can set up broadcast notifications. When you select the radio button for this option, the Enter names box appears. Start typing the name of the security group or individual in the box and select it from the dropdown menu when it appears. Repeat for more groups or individuals.
Click Save after selecting the radio button for the Permissions that you want.
The default colors for banner background and text come from the Theme color settings for the main navigation. Banner background and text color can be modified on the Theme panel > Colors tab. To learn more, see the Theme Colors page.
View Broadcast center
The Broadcast center is only available to users who have permission to create broadcasts.
- Click on your name or profile photo on the top right of any page.
- In the menu that opens, click Broadcast center.