Reassign an entry
In each stage of a submitted form entry’s workflow, it will be “Assigned” to a specific user. This user is responsible for performing the next set of actions that the form entry requires. The user that the form is assigned to at any one point can be set and edited in the form builder, however you may find the need to change the assignment for a specific entry not the entire form. That’s where re-assigning comes in.
- Locate the form entry you want to reassign on the Entries page.
- Click on the form title or icon for the entry to open the Processing page.
- All of the submitted content in the entry will be shown, along with a list of activities that have been performed on it and any notes that other approvers or administrators have left.
- On the top right of the page you’ll see an “Assigned to” dropdown. Click on the dropdown to reveal a list of all of the reviewers for that particular form.
- Start typing the name of the reviewer you want to reassign the entry to (to filter the list), and click the name in the dropdown menu. Click Save.
- The reviewer for that specific entry is now updated.
Reassign an entry to an impromptu reviewer
As of version 9.4, there is an option when setting up reviewer permissions to be able to add impromptu reviewers. An impromptu reviewer is a person who has not been added as an initial or additional reviewer on the form, but who needs to review a particular form entry. The checkbox Allow impromptu reviewers must be checked when setting up the form permissions to allow impromptu reviewers to be added.
To reassign an entry to an impromptu reviewer, follow the steps above under Reassign an entry, but when you click in the Assigned to dropdown to select a new reviewer, type @ and the name of the person and then click on them in the dropdown menu to select and @mention them.
You can also reassign multiple entries to an impromptu reviewer. Select the checkbox to the left of the entries you want to reassign, click Actions, click Assign to, and @mention and select the person you want to assign to in the dropdown in the Change assignee box, then click Save.
Change an entry's status
All forms have an initial status and you can choose to create additional statuses if you want to track progress.. As a form entry receives approvals and progresses, reviewers will need to change the entry’s status to indicate where it is in its workflow process.
Locate the form entry you want to update on the Entries page.
- Click on the title or icon of the entry to open it.
- All of the submitted content in the entry will be shown, along with a list of activities that have been performed on it and any notes that other reviewers or administrators have left.
- On the top right of the page you’ll see a Status dropdown. Click on the dropdown to reveal a list of all of the status options for that particular form.
- Select the status you want to change the entry to, and click Save.
- The entry’s status is now updated and visible on the Form Entries page.