On the Calendars administration page, you can control calendar settings, including the types of events that are available for users to add to calendars. You can edit the event names, icons, and whether they appear by default as available calendar event types.
When individual users create calendars, they can choose from the available calendar event types and select what types of events can be added to the calendar they are creating.
Calendar and event settings
There are four calendar and event settings options at the top of the Admin panel: Content section > Calendars page:
Drag and drop calendar events (except recurring events)
- Select the checkbox to allow users to change event dates by using drag-and-drop.
- Deselect the checkbox to prevent users from using drag-and-drop to change events.
Show confirmation when dragging calendar events
- Select the checkbox to force users to confirm that they want to move an event when they move an event using drag-and-drop.
- Deselect the checkbox to allow users to move events using drag-and-drop without a confirmation dialog.
Allow event registration when creating events
- Select the checkbox to enable event registration.
- Deselect the checkbox to disable event registration.
Calendar week starts on
- Click on the selected day to open the dropdown menu. Select the day that you want to display in the first column of calendars on your intranet.
Edit event types
- Go to the Admin panel: Content section > Calendars page.
- Under Manage event types, hover over an event type and click the pencil icon on the right to edit it. The Edit event type pop-up window appears.
- To edit the name of the event, click in the Event type field and change the name.
- To edit the event color, click on the Color circle and select a new color by using the color picker or entering the HEX or RGB values for a color.
- To edit the event icon, click on the Icon circle and select a new icon from the available options. Icons that are already in use will be greyed out, but can still be selected.
- To make the event type available by default on new calendars, select the checkbox Set as a default event for all calendars checkbox. To make the event type available, but not selected as a default event type, leave the checkbox unselected.
- To edit the name of the event in other enabled languages, click on the language icon dropdown at the bottom of the window. Select another enabled language and edit the name of the event as above. Repeat to change the name in other languages.
- Click Save.
- To show an event type as an available option when creating a calendar, click the toggle on the left of the event so it shows as ON. To make an event type unavailable, click the toggle so it shows as OFF. When you click the toggle, the list automatically sorts so that available events are listed together, and unavailable events are listed together.
- Note that Event types that have been selected as Primary event types on a calendar cannot be toggled OFF.
Add an event type
To add an event type to your event type selections, under the Manage event types heading, click + Add event type. Select the event information as explained above under Edit event types. When you save, the event type will automatically be set to ON (it will show as an available event type option when creating a calendar).
Delete an event type
Hover over the event type and click the trashcan icon on the right. In the Delete Event type pop-up window that appears, click Delete to confirm the deletion.
Add new event type to your calendar
- Now that you have created a new calendar event type, you need to add it to your existing calendar(s). To do this:
- Go to your calendar page.
- Click Edit.
- Under Calendar Event Types below the page title, click Edit event types.
- Select the checkbox beside the new event type.
- Click Done.
- When you are done editing, Save the page.
Hide Calendar events from displaying on Section pages
When a Calendar page is a child page of certain Section type pages, the calendar events also show in the Section directory. Since having the events display is not always desirable, a configuration setting is available to hide events from displaying on Section pages.
- Go to the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration settings page.
- In the Search config settings box, type navigation to narrow the list of settings.
- Find the setting
- Click in the Value column, and select the true radio button to hide events from section pages.
- Click Save.