Microsoft Teams integration with your intranet allows you to:
- paste the URL of an intranet page into a Microsoft Teams conversation and have it show a link preview, with the page title, thumbnail image and a summary or excerpt of the content;
- paste the URL of an intranet profile page into a Microsoft Teams conversation and have it display the person's name, job title, profile pic and contact info;
- perform an intranet search from within Microsoft Teams and then post a search result to the channel;
- receive messages in Microsoft Teams about activity happening on the intranet.
Connect Microsoft Teams and intranet accounts
To be able to use link previews or search the intranet from Microsoft Teams, your Microsoft Teams and intranet accounts need to be connected.
When you paste an intranet link or go to perform a search from Microsoft Teams for the first time, you will be prompted to sign in. Sign in using your intranet login information. Once your login is successful, you will see a link preview for the intranet link you pasted, and you will be able to perform intranet searches from Microsoft Teams conversations.
Link to intranet pages
Once your Microsoft Teams and intranet accounts are linked, you can just paste the URL of an intranet page into a Microsoft Teams conversation and hit Enter. The intranet link will then expand to show a link preview with the page title, thumbnail image, and a summary or excerpt of the page body. Profile page links will expand to show the person's name, profile picture, job title and contact information.
A link may not show a link preview if your intranet administrator has restricted which links can show previews.
Search the intranet from Microsoft Teams
In a new or existing Microsoft Teams conversation, click the ... menu (Messaging extensions) below the message field. In the menu that opens, search for your intranet app name and select the app, or click More apps to find it.
If you aren't logged in, you'll be prompted to log in to use the app. Sign in with your intranet login information.
Type your search term in the search field. Search results will appear as you type. Select a search result to add it your message.
Search results display the same way links do, showing the page title, thumbnail image and a summary or excerpt of the page body. Other users can click on a search result you have shared to visit that page on the intranet.
If your intranet administrator sets up Activity messages, you will see Microsoft Teams messages notifying you of new content on the intranet. The administrator can set up different activity messages to notify different channels of new content from different places on the intranet.
Disconnect Teams account
Your Teams and intranet accounts can also be disconnected on the Connected apps intranet page. To access this page:
- Click on your profile photo or name in the top right of the intranet.
- Click on General settings in the dropdown menu.
- Click on Connected apps under Settings in the left-hand navigation.
- On the Connected apps page, click Disconnect Microsoft Teams.