Google Drive files and folders can be linked and embedded in intranet pages, and searched from the intranet using ThoughtFarmer's Cloud drive integration features. To use the Google Drive Card or other Google Drive integration features such as linking and search, Google Drive integration must first be set up. Follow the instructions below to set it up.
For user instructions on Google Drive integration features, see Cloud drive integrations.
For user instructions on adding the Google Drive Card to a page, see Google Drive Card.
Configure Google Apis to allow access from ThoughtFarmer
- Sign into your organization's Google account.
- Go to Google APIs Google Developers Console.
- Create a project. Type a project name.
- Select your new project. Click the OAuth consent screen tab on the left.
- Choose Internal for the user type.
- You need to have at least the following info filled out:
- App name - For example, the name of your intranet site.
- Support email - So users know who to contact if they have questions.
- Developer contact - For Google to contact you about changes to your project.
- You can also choose to fill out the other fields, such as app logo. Click Save and Continue when done.
- Click Save and Continue. On the scopes page, add these scopes and save:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.appdata https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.metadata.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.readonly
- Select the Credentials tab > Create credentials > OAuth client ID in the pop-up window that appears.
- For the Application type, choose Web application.
- Add a Name.
- Click Create.
- Copy the Client ID value in the pop-up window that appears, and click OK.
Enable Google Drive API
- Select the Dashboard tab on the left > Enable APIs and Services.
- Search for the Google Drive API and enable it.
Enable Google Drive integration
- On your ThoughtFarmer site, go to Admin panel > Cloud drives.
- Under Google Drive, turn on the toggle.
- In the Google Drive Client ID box, paste the Client ID Value that you copied when configuring Google APIs in the instructions above. Save.
- The Reference Name box contains a default name for the Google Drive. This is the name users will see when they access Google Drive integration features on the intranet. If you wish to change the reference name, click the pencil icon.
- If you want to allow users to search Google Drive from the intranet, turn on the Google Drive search toggle.
- When Google Drive search is ON, another option appears that controls the maximum number of Google Drive search results that will appear in the Find-as-you-type search results. To edit the number of results, click the pencil icon. (To learn more about cloud drive search, see Search cloud drives.)
- Google Drive integration is now enabled.
Items to note
- Google may take some time to update their servers, so the Google Drive integration may not work immediately.
- When logging in, users will see the security warning, shown below. To log in, users need to click Advanced > Go to [Google App name] (unsafe). Google has instructions for removing this warning.