Change page ownership in bulk
How to change the ownership of multiple pages
Use these instructions to change ownership of some or all of a user's content. This feature is useful when a person changes to a new position within an organization, or leaves the company. When pages have a new owner assigned, that user automatically follows those pages, so they don't miss out on comments and changes.
Find all content owned by a user
- Go to the Admin panel: Content section > Change owner page.
- Start typing the name of the current owner in the Current owner box.
- Click once on the current owner from the list that drops down.
- Click the Find content button.
Select content to be changed to new owner
After following the four steps above, all content for the current owner will display in two ways. On the left, an expandable tree navigation of the site shows the sections containing pages owned by the selected current owner. On the right, you can scroll through a list of all of the current owner's pages that are selected for changing ownership. Titles of pages in both areas are links which you can click to view the page in a new tab. Titles in breadcrumb trails are also links that you can click on to go to the page.
- To change ownership of all of the user's pages, skip to Step 4 (as all the user's pages are selected by default).
- To change ownership of only some of the user's pages, uncheck the box at the top left.
- Navigate through the directory of pages by clicking on the rotating triangles on the left. Hover over sections to see a pop-up telling you how many subpages the user owns in that section. Select only the pages or sections of pages whose ownership you wish to change. The list on the right will automatically refresh showing only the pages that are selected.
- When you have selected the desired pages, start typing the name of the new owner in the New owner box at the bottom.
- Click once on the new owner from the list that drops down.
- Click Change owner to change ownership of the selected pages. The page will refresh showing the message: You have changed (#) of (Current owner's) items to be owned by (New owner).
To restart your content search at any point, click Start over above the list of pages.
Please sign in to leave a comment.