Use Wufoo forms to collect information
Forms allow you to collect information from intranet users. You could use forms to collect vacation requests, conduct a survey, or find out what your colleagues plan to bring to an upcoming potluck lunch. Using Wufoo, you can create forms customized to your organization's branding, add various field types for collecting different types of information, and receive notifications about new form entries.
Before you can embed Wufoo forms on intranet pages, several things have to happen:
- You or someone in your organization creates a Wufoo account at www.wufoo.com
- The intranet administrator enables Wufoo integration on your intranet, using information from the Wufoo account that was created,
- The intranet administrator allows users to embed Wufoo forms. (If your intranet administrator does not allow this, only administrators will be able to add Wufoo forms to your intranet.)
Access Wufoo forms on your intranet
Wufoo integration allows intranet users to be able to add Wufoo forms to intranet pages. A specific Wufoo account is integrated with the intranet so that forms created under that account are accessible for embedding on intranet pages. The ability to add forms to intranet pages can be allowed for all users or restricted to administrators only.
Enable Wufoo integration
- Go to the Admin Panel: Integrations section > Wufoo page.
- Click enable.
- In the Wufoo subdomain field, enter the subdomain you use to access your Wufoo account. (eg. if you access your Wufoo account at http://acme.wufoo.com, your subdomain is acme.)
- In the Wufoo API token field, enter your Wufoo API key. For more information, see Finding your key.
- If you want only administrators to be able to add Wufoo forms, select the checkbox "Only administrators may embed wufoo forms".
- Click Test settings. The Verify Wufoo integration settings dialog will appear.
- Click Verify.
- If the test fails to connect to your Wufoo subdomain (you see a red X icon ), double-check that you have entered your subdomain and Wufoo API token information correctly, and test the settings again.
- If the test succeeds, you will see a green checkmark and a message indicating the successful connection. Close the dialog and continue.
- Click Save changes.
Remove the ScrubHtml filter to allow Wufoo integration
In order for users to successfully add Wufoo forms on intranet pages, the Rich Text Editor filter ScrubHtml must be disabled. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Go to the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration settings page.
- Type rich in the Search config settings field to narrow the config settings results.
- Find the config setting richTextEditor.customContentFilters.
- Click in the Value column beside the config setting. It will say DefaultFilters,ScrubHtml.
- Delete the ScrubHtml filter.
- Click Save.
- Recycle the application pool on the web server.
Add a Wufoo form
- Go into edit mode on the page you want to add the form to.
- Click where you want to add the Wufoo form in the content box.
- Click the Insert Wufoo button . The Insert Wufoo pop-up window will appear.
- Select the form that you want to insert from the list of forms in the pop-up window, and click Insert. A placeholder will appear where you have added the form.
- Click Save (or Publish on a new page) and your page will load with the Wufoo form on it.
- Information collected from the form can be viewed by logging in to your Wufoo account.