Who can edit templates?
Super administrators and content administrators can make changes to templates on the Admin panel: User interface section > Content templates page. When an administrator makes changes to a template using that Admin page, all pages that use that template are affected, unless they have been modified on the individual page level.
Only users who have been granted content type template permissions by an administrator are able to modify templates on individual pages. When a user has permission to do this, they will see a Modify template option at the top left of the template in the Update Cards window in Edit mode. Clicking Modify template allows the user to add and remove Cards from the page, and to reorder or change the column placement of Cards. To learn more, see How to modify templates.
Change template editing permissions
To control who has permission to customize templates for individual pages:
- Go to the Admin panel: User interface section > Content templates page.
- Select the radio button beside the group to which you want to give permission to modify individual page templates:
- Super administrators only
- Administrators who can view and edit all site content: Super admins and admins who have the Access toggle "Allow this admin role to view and edit all site content when in Admin mode" turned on on the Administrator roles admin page.
- Everyone who has View and Edit permission on a page
- Specific security groups or individuals when given View & Edit permission to the content. When you select the radio button for this option, the Enter names box appears. Start typing the name of the security group or individual in the box and select it from the dropdown menu when it appears. Repeat for more groups or individuals.
- Click Save.
Modified page templates
Administrators can view which pages have had their templates modified. To do this, go to the page Admin panel: User interface section > Content templates page, find the specific template you want to look at and click the number beside it in the Usage column to see a list of pages that use that template.
There are two tabs at the top of the list - Default and Modified. The Default tab shows pages that use the template as is. The Modified tab shows pages that have had the template modified on the individual page level.
Click on the Modified tab at the top to see pages with modified templates. Modified template pages will not be affected if the content template they were based on is edited by an administrator on the Admin Content templates page.