If you are having problems with the ThoughtFarmer search index, check the Symptom section below. If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms on your intranet, follow the corresponding solution to resolve the problem.
- No results are displayed on search results pages
- Search results are incomplete or greatly inaccurate
- No results are displayed within the People Directory
- People or security groups are not populating Security or Following dialogs
The index has become corrupt or out of date. This may occur due to one or several of the following reasons:
- Indexing errors (e.g. index name is incorrect or missing)
- Elastic Search settings have been misconfigured
- Index files are being locked by anti-virus software
- Check that the ElasticSearch Windows service is running if you are on-premise client.
- Rebuild the Search Index from the Admin panel: Search section > Search settings page. You should see messages saying that indices are rebuilding successfully.
- If you see failures above please check the system logs for relevant messages and send them to the helpdesk. (Admin Panel: Logs & statistics section > System Logs page)