- If you see the loading screen while trying a access forms, the application settings could be mis-configured.
- To confirm the issue browse to the Admin panel -> Forms page. If you see the below error message your users will not be able to access any forms on your site.
Troubleshooting this error message
Please submit a support request on our Helpdesk.
- To fix this you will need to log into the web server hosting ThoughtFarmer. Open IIS and expand the ThoughtFarmer site as per below screenshot. Right click on the 'formsapi' sub application and click 'Explore'. This should open up the directory that contains the file 'appsettings.json'.
- Open this file using notepad in admin mode.
- Make sure that the value in the 'ThoughtFarmerApplicationUrl' field is accessible from the server. In the below example the value is set to 'http://localhost:8081'. To find the correct value check the site bindings under IIS or use the url used to access your site. Once you have replaced this with the correct value save the file.
- Recycle the 'SiteName_formsapi' application pool on IIS to pick up these changes.
- Refresh the forms page on your browser. The forms application should now work and you will no longer see the error message.