How to upgrade Amazon Corretto for self-hosted clients
Self-hosted clients can update their version of Amazon Corretto 17 to keep it up-to-date via this process.
This process applies to self-hosted instances on version 10 (or later) using ElasticSearch7 (ES7) (as opposed to ElasticSearch2).
To confirm if ES7 is in use, check the elasticSearch.versions.enabled configuration setting is set to 'ESX7' under Admin Panel > Configuration Settings
If access to the Admin Panel is not available, then look for a service named Elasticsearch 7.10.2 (ElasticSearchOpenDistro) running on the webhost.
On the webserver hosting ThoughtFarmer:
- Stop the Elasticsearch 7.10.2 (ElasticSearchOpenDistro) service:
- Download and install the latest version of Amazon Corretto 17.
- Confirm the current Amazon Corretto 17 path:
C:\Program Files\Amazon Correttonote the path of the latest jdk17.x.x.x folder
- The full path should be something like
C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk17.x.x_x
- Open a PowerShell session in admin mode:
cd "C:\Program Files\Open Distro For Elasticsearch\bin"
.\elasticsearch-service.bat manager ElasticSearchOpenDistro
- Under the Java tab, the Java Virtual Machine path needs to be updated to point to the folder noted earlier. Click OK.
- Start the ElasticSearch 7.10.2 service.
On the intranet:
- Perform a search to confirm search is returning results.
- Check if the People Directory page is populated.
- If not, please try a targeted re-index of the People directory via the steps here.
If you have questions or encounter issues with this upgrade, contact the Helpdesk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a helpdesk ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.