Self-hosted clients can update their version of Amazon Corretto 17 to keep it on the latest version via the process below. This process applies to self-hosted instances on version 10 (or later) using ElasticSearch7 (ES7) (as opposed to ElasticSearch2).
To confirm if ES7 is in use, look for a service named Elasticsearch 7.10.2 (ElasticSearchOpenDistro) running on the webhost.
On the webserver hosting ThoughtFarmer:
- Stop the Elasticsearch 7.10.2 (ElasticSearchOpenDistro) service:
- Download and install the latest version of Amazon Corretto 17.
- Confirm the current Amazon Corretto 17 path:
C:\Program Files\Amazon Correttonote the path of the latest jdk17.x.x.x folder
- The full path should be something like
C:\Program Files\Amazon Corretto\jdk17.x.x_x
- Open a PowerShell session in admin mode:
cd "C:\Program Files\Open Distro For Elasticsearch\bin"
.\elasticsearch-service.bat manager ElasticSearchOpenDistro
- Under the Java tab, the Java Virtual Machine path needs to be updated to point to the folder noted earlier. Click OK.
- Start the ElasticSearch 7.10.2 service.
On the intranet:
- Perform a search to confirm search is returning results.
- Check if the People Directory page is populated.
- If not, please try a targeted re-index of the People directory via the steps here.