Administrators are users with special permissions to view and edit intranet content or forms, or make changes to the look and function of the intranet. There are different administrator roles with different permissions, so some administrators can access Admin panel pages, while others can view and edit all site content or all forms.
Super admins can access all Admin panel pages, and can view and edit all site content and forms. For admins who have access to all content, all page security permissions are bypassed when they are in Admin mode. These admins can view and edit all content, including "private" pages. Outside of Admin mode, administrators see the intranet as regular users do with all their specific user page permissions in effect. To learn more, see Admin roles and permissions.
There is a single designated System administrator whose contact info is displayed across the site in the footer of each page.
Please see the page Make a user an administrator for steps on enabling administrator access for specific users.
To view all of the users who have administrator access to your intranet:
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin panel: Users & Security section > User management page.
- Under Account type on the left, select the Administrator filter.
- To see users who have a certain administrator role, select one of filters under Admin role type on the left.
If any of these users should not be administrators you can remove access by clicking the gear icon in the Action column on the right and selecting Edit account from the menu that opens. Then, under Account Information, uncheck the checkbox "Allow this user to administer Intranet?" (where Intranet is your intranet's name), and click Save.
The system administrator is the main administrator for the site. The footer contains a link to contact the system administrator. Any error messages, or login forms will have the system administrator's name and link presented for reporting any issues. It is important that the email address configured for the system administrator is monitored in case users do report any problems.
Change the ThoughtFarmer system administrator
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin panel.
- Click Site settings in the top left.
- In the window that appears, click the X in the System administrator section to remove the current name.
- Begin typing the user's name in the System administrator field and select the new system administrator from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Click Save to confirm the change.
Please sign in to leave a comment.