If you need to change a lot of user information at once, use the Bulk export users and Bulk update users features to export the information into an Excel sheet for easy updating and importing. The following user information fields are available for editing in the Excel sheet:
Bulk update Regular user information
In order to update user information in bulk, you must export the existing user information into an Excel file. The maximum number of users that you can upload at a time is 500, so apply filters on the User management screen to preform a partial export if necessary.
- Go to the Admin panel: Users & security section > User management page.
- Use the filter, sort, and query tools to find the desired set of users (see Find users for more info).
- Click Bulk export filtered users/Bulk export all users in the top right.
- Open the file and make edits to the user information in Excel.
- Save the file.
- Go to the Admin panel: Users & security section > Bulk update users page.
- Click Choose File and select the Excel file with the updated user information.
- Click Preview, and review the table to ensure all information is appearing in the correct columns.
- Click Update users at the bottom to proceed, or click Back if you need to make changes to the information in the Excel file.