Create an external user when you want a user to be able to use third-party credentials (eg. from Salesforce or ZenDesk) to log in to the intranet.
Before you begin
Please contact ThoughtFarmer support to discuss using External users before following these instructions.
Ensure that there is a Custom SAML external login provider added for the third-party application that your External users will sign in through. Configure the third-party application to use SAML sign in.
Create External users
- Go to the Admin panel: Users & security section > Create user page.
- In the Account Type section select the radio button for "External user".
- Enter the desired username in the provided text field.
- Enter the user's account information in the provided text fields (First and last name are required at a minimum).
- Click Create user at the bottom of the page.