When you create a Regular user on the admin Create user page, you can choose to Invite the user by email to access their intranet account. A default email is provided with default subject and body text that can be modified for each user as desired. You may wish to change the text that is provided by default.
If two-factor authentication is enabled, the default text changes to include instructions for activating two-factor authentication on the intranet. Again, you may wish to modify the default text. For instance, you may want to specify which authenticator app users should download.
To modify the default text that appears in the invitation, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Admin panel: Users & security section > Regular user settings & invitations page.
- Under the Invitations section, you can modify the default email invitation text in the Subject and Message fields.
- Type a square bracket [ to see a dropdown menu of variables that are available to include in the email. (See Available variables below.) Select a variable from the list to add it to the email.
- If you wish to change back to the default email text, click Reset to default text.
- Click Save when you are done editing the email.
Example invitation email text including two-factor authentication instructions:
These variables are available to add to the invitation email template, and will change based on who the email is being sent to, or when any of the information is modified on the intranet.
- Username: User's username
- Link: Generated link that allows the user to set their own intranet password
- AdminEmail: Intranet administrator's email
- AdminName: Intranet administrator's name
- LastName: User's last name
- FirstName: User's first name
- IntranetName: Intranet's name or title
Another way to access the invitation template is from the Create user page, by clicking Edit the default message in the Password/Invitation section.
You can also set the number of days the invitation will work before expiring in the Invitation expiry field on the Regular user settings & invitations admin page. Once an invitation expires, it will have to be resent. To learn more, see Cancel and resend invitations.