Insert in-page link
In-page linking is used to provide a link to another heading or section on the same intranet page. It can help people to find the information that is most relevant to them. In-page linking must be enabled by an administrator - To learn more see Configure additional Rich Text Editor settings.
In order to make an in-page link, a user must first create a link target - in other words, they have to specify the place that they want the link to go to. Since you can make multiple in-page links on the same page, each link target must have a unique link target ID.
How to create a link target ID
- In edit mode, place your cursor where you want a link to take a user to.
- Click the Create a link target ID button to the right of the Insert Link/Unlink icons. The Create a link target ID pop-up window will appear.
- A suggested link target ID eg. header2 shows in the box, but you can type in your own link target ID to help you identify the link target. Then click Create target.
- A target symbol will appear on the left of the line where you created the target.
Insert an in-page link
After creating a link target ID, you can now create a link that will go to the target area on the page.
- In edit mode, use your cursor to highlight the text you want to make into a link. Or just set your cursor where you want to insert the link.
- Example: "If you have questions, please email ThoughtFarmer."
- Click the Insert link button to bring up the Insert link pop-up window.
- In the pop-up window, click on the In-page content link tab. Click in the Target ID box and select your link target from the dropdown menu.
- The Link Label box at the bottom of the link pop-up window contains the text that will display as the link. Click in the Link Label box and type new text if you want to add or change the link text.
- Click Insert in the bottom right. The pop-up window will close and you'll see your text has changed color (indicating a link).
- Continue editing or click Save at the top of the page. Now when a user clicks on that link, they will be taken to the target area of the page that you specified.
Please sign in to leave a comment.