The ThoughtFarmer mobile app is a full-featured app that offers the same capabilities as the ThoughtFarmer web application. This page lists differences between the two applications, as well as a few instances where actions possible with the web application are not possible using the mobile app.
- The links to Home, Bookmarks/History, Groups, Alerts and Profile menu found in the top Application toolbar on ThoughtFarmer web are found on the bottom bar on the mobile app.
- There is no Main Navigation Bar on the mobile app. Tap the hamburger icon on the top right to open the navigation menu.
- In ThoughtFarmer web, the profile menu is accessed from the top right; in the mobile app, the profile menu is accessed from the bottom right. The top right hamburger menu in the mobile app opens the navigation menu from the left side.
- Search filters are found in the SuperNav (left-hand navigation) in ThoughtFarmer web. In the mobile app, search filters similarly display in a menu that opens from the left side, but a Filter link has been added to the search results page to help users find the search filters easily.
- The Mobile app has a Share page feature accessible from the Share icon below the page title. In the web app, the share page feature is not included, as you can copy the URL to share it elsewhere.
- It is not possible to edit or remove bookmarks in the mobile app.
- It is not possible to edit page thumbnails in the mobile app.
- In ThoughtFarmer web, Cloud Drive Integration allows access to content on cloud drives such as Google Drive, OneDrive and SharePoint Online. However, it is not possible to search for or view documents in cloud drives via the ThoughtFarmer mobile app. Users can view and search for cloud drive documents by accessing the intranet with a mobile browser.
- ThoughtFarmer web provides an option to view images and attachments in a separate browser tab but this feature is not applicable in the mobile app.
- To view an item, it can be downloaded to the device and opened with its native viewer.
- The Desktop Connector feature is not applicable to the mobile app and not implemented. This means that files on the intranet cannot be opened for editing and saved back to the intranet using the mobile app.
- The Rich Text Editor (RTE) cannot be expanded for full screen editing.
- The PDF Viewer custom card is not yet fully implemented.