ThoughtFarmer has a variety of configuration settings which can be altered from the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration Settings page. Many of the configuration settings on that page correspond to values that can be edited on other pages in the Administration Panel. Where possible, it is recommended to change settings using these other pages.
There are some critical system settings that can be changed within the Configuration Settings page that could cause ThoughtFarmer to behave unexpectedly or even crash, so make sure you are familiar with a configuration setting before changing it. Hover over the question mark icon on the right of any configuration setting to view a brief explanation of the setting's function.
View the list of configuration settings
- Go to the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration settings page.
- Type keywords (eg. comment, file) into the Search config settings field to narrow the list of configuration settings.
There are a few settings for which there is no user interface. Inquiries into Configuration Settings can be made by creating a Support ticket on our Helpdesk. Check out the links below for some useful config settings.
To change settings related to notifications, see Notification settings.
To change settings related to the employee directory, see Employee Directory and Mini Profile format and settings.
How Do I?
- Control hyphenation
- Adding support for additional URL schemes
- Show/hide Alternate email heading in Settings
- Hide calendar events from displaying on section pages
- Show posted date with search results
- Set resolution at which SuperNav hides
- Alternate error message for no view permission
- Change Photo Gallery settings
- Make new pages Private by default
- Specify available fonts and font colors in RTE
- Change default video thumbnail frame
- Change carousel settings
- Change comment edit timespan
- Change comment sort order
- Change Excel export template for People Directory
- Learn about PDF or Word Export settings
- Show/hide page owner name in header
- Click image to view full size
- Change duplicate permissions
- Change Activity display on pages
- Change Activity display on the homepage
- Learn about activity descriptions and their importance