Users that are marked as "Inactive" in ThoughtFarmer are no longer able to access the site. These accounts can stay inactive for as long as needed. Once the account is ready to be used again you can reactivate it using one of the methods on this page.
For users that are marked as "Profile only" please see Activate "Profile Only" users.
Manually activate Regular, Active Directory, or External users
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin Panel: Users & security section > User management page.
- Use the filter, sort, and query tools to find the desired user or set of users (see Find users for more info).
- Select the checkbox beside the desired user(s).
- In the "Choose an action..." dropdown select Activate user.
- Click Go.
You can also activate a single user from the User management page by clicking the gear icon in the Action column on the right, and clicking Edit account in the menu that opens.
Uncheck the checkbox "Account is inactive" and click Save. The Edit user account link is also available to administrators in "Admin mode" when editing a user's profile.
For AD users; if Automatic User Creation is enabled, then the user's AD account must be active and a member of the synced-to AD group configured on the Employee Directory Connector page. Otherwise, the account will be deactivated if the sync task Bulk inactivate users is run.
To activate Active Directory users
If AD automatic user creation is enabled then users can be activated automatically using daily AD synchronization tasks. This will activate existing inactive ThoughtFarmer accounts that are active in AD and a member of the synced-to AD group configured on the Employee Directory Connector page. To learn more, see Active Directory synchronization tasks.
Activate AD users on-demand
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin Panel: Users & security section > Employee Directory Connector page.
- Click on the Active Directory that has the users that you want to activate.
- Click on the Synchronization Settings tab.
- Select the "Bulk create users" checkbox in the On-demand Synchronization section.
- Click Synchronize now.
It may take a little time for the ThoughtFarmer Service to complete the update. This depends on the number of users in the synced-to AD group and the server resources available. Your total licensed user count will change when the update is complete.