Users that are marked as "Inactive" in ThoughtFarmer are no longer able to access the site. They are not listed in the Employee Directory. Any content that they own (pages, attachments, comments) is still accessible and seen by other users. However, the owner is flagged as inactive, and users do not have a link to that user's profile page. While content owned by inactive users shows up in search results for all users, only administrators in Admin mode see search facets for inactive users (eg. edited by, owned by).
Manually deactivate Regular, Active Directory or External users
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin Panel: Users & security section > User management page.
- Use the filter, sort, and query tools to find the desired user or set of users (see Find users for more info).
- Select the checkbox beside the desired user(s).
- In the "Choose an action..." dropdown select Deactivate user.
- Click Go.
You can also deactivate a single user from the User management page by clicking the gear icon in the Action column on the right, and clicking Edit account in the menu that opens. Select the checkbox "Account is inactive" and click Save. The Edit user account link is also available to administrators in "Admin mode" when editing a user's profile.
For AD users; if Automatic User Creation is enabled, then the user's AD account must be inactive/deleted or removed from the synced-to AD group configured on the Employee Directory Connector page. Otherwise, if the user tries to log in again the account will be reactivated.
Automatically deactivate Active Directory users
If AD automatic user creation is enabled then users can be deactivated automatically using daily AD synchronization tasks. This will deactivate ThoughtFarmer accounts that are inactive/deleted in AD or removed from the synced-to AD group configured on the Employee Directory Connector page.
Manually deactivate multiple Active Directory users
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin Panel: Users & security section > Employee Directory Connector page.
- Click on the Active Directory that has the users you want to deactivate.
- Click the Synchronization Settings tab.
- Select the Bulk deactivate users checkbox in the On-demand Synchronization section.
- Click Synchronize now.
It may take a little time for the ThoughtFarmer Service to complete the update. This depends on the number of users in the synced-to AD group and the server resources available. Your total licensed user count will change when the update is complete.