How to import a Word document into the content of a page
Use these instructions to import a Microsoft Word document into the Body content section of a page. With just a few clicks you can import all the text, images and tables from a Word doc. You can maintain the formatting of the original document or import only the plain text.
Click "Insert from Word document" button while editing a page
- Click the Edit button (pencil icon) to go into edit mode. (Or the Add button (plus icon) to create a new page.)
- In edit mode set the cursor in the Rich Text Editor box where you want to insert the text of your Word doc.
- Click the Insert from document button in the Editor toolbar to bring up the Insert from Document pop-up window. (The button looks like a tiny MS Word icon and a tiny green plus sign hovering over a white page.)
- Select the level of formatting you want to keep from the three options available (full formatting, basic formatting, text only).
- Click the Browse button to locate the file on your computer.
- Select the file, click Open in the file browsing window and then click Import. The contents from the document will appear on the page.
- Continue editing or click Save at the top of the page. (Or click Publish if it is a new page.)