Activity cards only have set up options for the homepage and group pages. On these page types you can choose which tabs show in the activity card. On other page types, all activity shows under one section, so there is no option to select different tabs. The size and layout of your Activity card will depend on the layout of your page and the size of the device it is viewed on.
Group page activity
- In edit page, click Set up cards under Content type & template on the right. The Update cards window will open.
- Click Modify template, click the plus sign in the column you want to add it in, and click on Activity in the Cards menu on the right.
- Note: If you don't see the Modify template option, and there is no Activity card already present in the template, talk to your intranet administrator about making the Activity card available for you to use.
- Click the gear icon on the Activity card to select your options.
- If you would like to have a custom name for the activity card, click in the Title field and type in the custom name.
- Under Enabled tabs, select the checkboxes for the tabs you want to show in the activity card, and deselect the checkboxes for the tabs you want to hide from the activity card.
- Click Done on the right of the Activity setup window.
- Click Done at the bottom of the Update cards window.
- Click Save. You will now see the Activity card on the page.
Changing homepage activity options is very similar to changing group page activity options as described above. However you must have edit permission on the homepage to change the activity options. On the homepage, click the gear icon on the right of the main navigation, and click Edit homepage in the menu that appears. By default, an Activity card is present on the homepage. In the Update cards window, click the gear icon to change activity card title or tab options.
Profile page activity
Options for profile page activity cards can be set across all profile pages using the following config settings:
Set these config settings to true to show the specific activity tab, and false to hide the tab from the activity card on profile pages.
- Go to the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration Settings page.
- Type profile in the Search config settings field to narrow the config settings results.
- Find the desired config setting:
profile.activity.show(Name of specific activity tab)
- Click in the Value column beside the config setting.
- Select the true radio button to show the corresponding activity tab.
- Select the false radio button to hide the corresponding activity tab.
- Click Save.