Description of card functions
This page gives a brief description of the function of cards that can be added to templates. Certain cards that have functions specific to a particular content type are not listed here. Visit the links in the descriptions for more information about a particular card.
For an introduction to the basics of cards, see an overview of Cards. Also see How to set up cards and How to modify templates.
To learn about adding cards to the homepage, see Edit the homepage template and Configure homepage cards.
- Activity: Displays activity taking place on the page and pages below it - such as new pages, document uploads, and comments. Users can add updates to the page's activity or add to discussions in progress by commenting in the activity feed. To learn more, see Activity streams. To learn more about settings that affect Activity, see Updates settings and Shout-outs settings & reports.
- Anniversary: Displays work start date anniversaries occurring within a specified time frame for users who have added their work start date to their profile. To learn more, see Anniversary card.
- Birthday: Displays birthdays occurring within a specified time frame for users who have added their birthday to their profile. To learn more, see Birthday card.
- Body: Add page content, or body copy, in the Rich Text Editor in edit mode, or leave it blank.
- Bookmarks: This card contains the same information as the Bookmarks tab accessed from the App Toolbar. The Bookmarks card can only be added to the Home page and profile pages.
- Comments: Allows users to leave comments on the page. Where the comments card is included in a template by default, the option is available to allow or disallow comments. To learn more, see Allow comments and files.
- Compact directory navigation: Displays small-text links (smaller than Detailed Directory) to child and grandchild pages in a two-column list. To learn more, see Add a section page.
- Detailed Directory navigation: Displays large-text links to child and grandchild pages in a two-column list. Page summaries show if present. To learn more, see Add a section page.
- Document library: Allows users to attach files to the page. Files stored in cloud drives can be linked or embedded in the document library. Where the Document library card is included in a template by default, the option is available to allow or disallow file upload for users. To learn more, see Allow and disallow files.
- Event: Displays details for an existing calendar event on another page. If event registration is enabled for the event, users can RSVP to the event from the card. To learn more, see Event card.
- Form: This card is only available on intranets that have FormFlow enabled. Displays the selected form and allows for form submissions. Can also be set to display submitted entries for a selected form. To learn more, see Create a Form card.
- Google drive: Displays a single file selected from the Google Drive of the person setting up the card. Other users who have been given permission can edit the file. To learn more, see Google Drive card.
- Grid navigation: Displays subpages in a grid as thumbnail images captioned with page titles. The image that shows in the grid will be the Thumbnail image for the page; a default page type icon where no image is available; or if the subpage is a gallery, a photo from the gallery. To learn more, see Add a section page.
- Left navigation (SuperNav): Also known as the SuperNav, this navigation shows you the tree path to the current page and allows you to navigate through the entire site to find the page you want. On some page types, the left navigation also includes search and filter functions for the current page and its child pages. To learn more, see Use the SuperNav.
- Location: Displays address and contact information that has been entered. There is also an option to display a map. To learn more, see Location card.
- Mini calendar: Displays a mini calendar month indicating days that have events scheduled. Events come from one selected intranet calendar which may be a shared calendar. Displays a limited number of events from the selected day below/beside the mini calendar. To learn more, see Mini calendar card.
- My required reading: When required reading is enabled, this card shows each user a unique list of their outstanding required reading content. If a user has read and confirmed all of their required reading, the My required reading card will not display for them. To learn more, see Assign required reading.
- News: Displays posts from selected News, Blog, Forum or Calendar pages in list or grid view. To learn more, see Add a News card.
- News carousel: Displays posts from selected News, Blog or Forum pages in a carousel with several layout options. Users can navigate or scroll through posts depending on the layout. Videos embedded in a News post can be played from the carousel. To learn more, see Add a News Carousel card. To learn about adding a full width carousel to the top of your homepage, see Homepage options.
- OneDrive: Displays a file selected from the OneDrive of the person setting up the card. Other users who have been given permission can edit the file.
- Page header: Present on all pages except the homepage, the page header contains the page title, a header image if one has been added, and the expandable page controls and Page Sharing Buttons.
- Photo collection: Displays a sampling of photos from an existing photo gallery in a grid of thumbnails. To learn more, see How to add a Photo collection card.
- Photo gallery details: Normally found on Photo gallery type pages, this card displays uploaded photo files in an attractive gallery style. This card can also be added to Blog or News post templates to create a post that features uploaded photos.
- Poll: Can be set up to display the most current poll in effect on the intranet, or a specific poll, and allows users to vote. To learn more, see how to add a Poll card and how to manage Polls.
- Quick links: Displays a list of selected text or image links to intranet pages, external website pages, or emails. To learn more, see How to set up a Quick Links card.
- Random quote: Displays a new random quote from the quotes set up in the admin panel on every page refresh. Users can use arrows to navigate through quotes. To learn more, see Random Quote card.
- Rich text: Displays almost anything you can add in the Rich Text Editor that you add body copy to on content pages. To learn more, see How to add a Rich Text card.
- Shout-outs: Displays Shout-outs that users have sent from Activity card Shout-out sections. Can be set up to display Shout-outs sent to everyone or to a specific group, and may or may not have a Shout-outs input field. To learn more, see Shout-outs and Shout-outs card.
- Translate: Add this card to a page to allow it to be translated using automatic translation. When the Translation card is set to Automatic in the Admin panel, pages that have a Translate card on them and are not in a user's default language, will be automatically translated. When the Translate Card is set to Manual in the Admin panel, users must click Translate in the Translate card to have the page translated. To learn more, see Auto-translate a page.
- Your groups: Displays a list of links to all the groups a user belongs to. Users can go to the group page by clicking on the group, and can also navigate through the subpages of the groups within the card.
- Custom cards: The options are endless. Talk to TF Support about what you would like to make happen. If your organization has developers that will be creating custom cards, they can learn more by reading the Extending ThoughtFarmer section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.