You can choose a thumbnail image that will show when videos uploaded to ThoughtFarmer are embedded in intranet pages, or when videos are displayed in News Carousels.
If you don't add a thumbnail image, by default the frame five seconds into the video will be used as the thumbnail image. If you are an administrator, you can change the default time used to select the thumbnail images. To learn more, see Change default video thumbnail frame.
Video thumbnail displaying in a News Carousel Card:
Add a video thumbnail
- Navigate to the individual file page. To do this, go to the page the file is uploaded to, click the file title, and click Go to file in the menu that opens.
- Go into edit mode, and under the Thumbnail section on the right, click Add image. The Choose Image pop-up window will appear.
- To add an image, do one of the following:
- Drag and drop images onto the window.
- Click on Upload Images at the top of the window.
- Click on the camera icon in the window.
- Click on one of the displayed galleries, and select an image from the gallery.
- If you did b. or c. in step 3, browse to the image you want, click once on the photo file and then click Open in your file browsing window.
- After uploading, your image will show in the window. Click the Done button.
- The Thumbnail settings pop-up window will appear, which allows you to crop the image for two different applications: Video Thumbnail and Carousel. Select the tab you want to crop.
- Use the plus and minus buttons below the image (or the scroll wheel on your mouse) to zoom in or out.
- Click on the image and drag it to show the area you want. (Repeat steps 6 to 8 if you want the image cropped for both applications.)
- Click Done in the Thumbnail settings pop-up window. You will see the image you have uploaded under the Thumbnail heading on the right.
- Continue editing or click Save at the top of the page. You will now see the thumbnail image displayed where the video is.
Use page header image for video thumbnail image
If there are multiple images available on the page, add the page header image to the page, then under the Thumbnail heading on the right, select the checkbox Use page header image. The page header image will show in the Thumbnail section, and if you change the page header image in the future, the Thumbnail image will automatically change.