Set up a Mini calendar Card for quick reference to upcoming events
A Mini Calendar Card gives people an easy way of referencing past, present and future events, without having to visit the calendar page itself. In order to use a Mini Calendar Card, the calendar you want to display in the Card must already exist somewhere on the intranet.
- In edit mode, click Set up cards under Content type & template on the right. The Update cards window will open.
- Click Modify template, click the plus sign in the column you want to add it in, and click on Mini calendar in the Cards menu on the right.
- Click Set up on the Mini calendar Card to select your options.
- In the Mini Calendar pop-up window, start typing the name of the calendar you want to add in the Add calendar box.
- Click on the name of the calendar in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Click Update on the right of the Mini calendar setup window.
- Click Done at the bottom of the Update cards window.
- Click Save at the top right.
The default number of events shown in a Mini calendar card for a given date is 5. This can be changed from the config setting miniCalendar.numEventsToShow from the Admin panel: Advanced section > Configuration settings page.
The size and layout of your Mini calendar Card will depend on the layout of your page and the size of the device it is viewed on.