Most Cards need configuring before they show on the homepage
Cards that show when editing your homepage don't all automatically show up on the homepage. Many Cards need to be configured, or have information added to them before they will display. To learn about the different types of Cards, see Card Descriptions.
Form, Location, Mini calendar, News, News carousel, Photo collection, Quick links, and Rich text Cards all need to have information added by an administrator to appear on the homepage. Anniversary, Birthday, Bookmark manager, My required reading and Random quote need to have information added by administrators or users to appear on the homepage.
This can be useful if you have Cards that you use intermittently on your homepage. You may use a Rich Text Card at the top of your homepage for occasional important announcements, like information about system outages or reminders of upcoming deadlines. Maybe you have an upcoming annual event and you want to add some links to information about the event for the next month.
You can add a Card to your homepage but not set it up, or fill it with information, so that it is available for you to use, but does not show on the homepage. When you want that Card to display something, edit your homepage, and add the information you want to show. When you no longer want the Card to display, delete the information from it. The Card will still be available in the homepage editor, ready for the next time you want to use it.
How to configure homepage Cards
- Click on the gear icon on the right of the Main Navigation Bar. (You must be in Admin mode to see the gear icon.)
- Click on Edit homepage in the menu that opens. The homepage edit page will open.
- Click Set up cards under Content type & template on the right.
- Set up the Cards that need to be set up. (To learn how to set up Cards, see How to set up Cards on a page.)
- Click Done to close the Update cards window.
- Click Save at the top right.