On this page, learn about admin actions and settings regarding FormFlow. Read about enabling or disabling Forms, granting permissions to create forms, and deleting and restoring forms and entries.
Turn Forms on/off
By default, Forms are disabled. Once Forms are enabled, the link to the Forms overview page is available under the profile menu in the top right for all users. The Form content type and Form card also become available for use when editing content pages.
Forms can only be disabled if all forms and associated data are deleted first. However, you can restrict permissions for who can create forms.
- Go to the ThoughtFarmer Admin panel: Content section > Forms page.
- Find the checkbox Enable forms:
- To enable Forms, select the checkbox.
- To disable Forms, deselect the checkbox.
- Click Save.
Permissions for who can create forms are set on the Admin panel: Content section > Forms page. Once Forms are enabled, the permissions can be set. Under Permissions, select the radio button for the desired permissions. The default permissions setting is Super administrators only.
There are three Permissions options:
- Super administrators only: (default) Only super administrators can create forms.
- Administrators who can view and edit all forms: Super administrators and admins who have the Access toggle "Allow this admin role to view and edit all forms when in Admin mode" turned on on the Administrator roles admin page.
- Specific security groups or individuals: Selected individuals or security group members can create forms. After you select the radio button for this option, start typing the name of the individual or security group in the Enter names box and select it when it appears in the dropdown menu. Repeat to add more individuals or security groups. If you want all intranet users to be able to create forms, add the group All registered users.
Click Save after setting the permissions that you want.
Permissions for specific forms are granted at the individual form level. Users can be given form permissions as Submitters, Reviewers, Viewers, and Form Managers. Note that a user can be assigned as a form manager without having the ability to create new forms. See Form permissions for more information.
Deleting a form will also delete all form entries associated with that form.
- Go to the Forms dashboard from the top right profile menu.
- Locate the form that you want to delete and click the three dots in the top right.
- Click Delete in the menu that opens.
- In the Delete pop-up window, read the message, select the checkbox for Yes, delete this form and click the Delete button to confirm the deletion of the form and all entries.
Restore deleted forms or entries
You can restore forms or entries that were deleted from the intranet using the Admin panel: Content section > Forms and entries - restore page. Most often this would be used to recover an accidentally deleted form or entry. Deleted Form content type pages are not shown on this page; they can be restored on the Content - restore admin page.
Find the form or entry you are looking for by entering a search query, using filters to narrow the results, or sorting by date deleted.
- Go to the Admin panel: Content section > Forms and entries - restore page.
- To filter the list of deleted content, do any or all of the following:
- Enter a search query in the Search box at the top (eg. enter words that you know were in the form name or entry title)
- Click on one or multiple filters on the left.
- Type: Entries or Forms.
- Owned by/Submitted by: Name of form owner or entry submitter.
- Date deleted: Click in the Date field to open the date picker, select the radio button for the desired date option (On, After, Before, or Between), click in the date box and select the date.
- Click on the current Sort and choose a sort order. (Date deleted or (Form) Title A-Z) Click the Sort order icon to reverse either sort.
- If there are multiple pages of results, navigate through the pages to find the desired result by clicking the arrows in the top right.
- When you find the form or entry you want to restore, select the checkbox on the left of it. Select multiple checkboxes to restore multiple forms or entries. To select all of the results on the page, select the checkbox at the top left of the results, beside the Restore button.
- If you select a form that had entries associated with it, also select the radio button for what you want to restore:
- Form only: Restores only the form, not the entries.
- Entries deleted with form: (default) Restores the form and all entries that were deleted at the same time the form was deleted.
- All entries: Restores the form and all entries, whether they were deleted at the same time as the form, or before the form was deleted.
- Click the Restore button at the top.
- In the Restore pop-up window, click the Restore button to confirm that you want to restore the selected items. The form and selected entries will again display on the Forms/Entries overview page.
Purge deleted forms and entries
See Purge deleted information to learn about permanently deleting forms and entries from the database.