Cover photos add personality to your profile
If it's enabled on your intranet, you can personalize your profile even more by adding a cover photo that will show as the page header on your profile page! Your profile will by default have the same page header photo/gradient that is found on its parent page - the People Directory. However, once you change your cover photo, it will not be affected by changes to the People Directory page header photo. If you don't want to add a cover photo, you can still pick which gradient color you want your profile page header to be.
Image size and file type
The recommended image size for a profile cover photo is 1200 x 700 pixels. When the Page Controls on your profile page are expanded by clicking the down arrow on the right of the page header, the cover photo will expand to fill the whole Page Controls area. Recommended file types are GIF, JPG and PNG.
How to add a cover photo to your profile
- Click on your name or profile photo in the top right on any page, and click Edit profile in the menu that opens.
- In the cover photo area at the top of the page, click on the edit icon (a pencil) in the top right. The Choose Image pop-up window will appear.
- If you just want to pick a gradient color, click on the color you want, and skip to step 7.
- If you want to add a photo, click on the camera icon under Page Images to open the file browsing window.
- Locate and select the image file you want to use and click Open. It may take a few moments for the photo to upload - it will show in the Choose Image window when it has uploaded.
- If you want to choose a photo from a gallery, look under the Recommended Galleries or All Galleries heading. Click on the gallery you want to view the images in it. When you find the image in the gallery, click on it. The selected image will now appear under the Page Images heading.
- Make sure the image you want to use for the profile cover photo has a checkmark on it. (If not, click the image to select it.)
- Click Done in the Choose Image window.
- (Image selected only) In the Page header settings pop-up window that appears, the vertical center of the image is selected as the "safe area" that will always display no matter the dimensions of the image. Click and drag the "safe area" box up or down to select the area that you want to display. Click Done in the Page header settings pop-up window.
- Continue editing or click Save at the bottom of the page. The photo will now appear in the page header at the top of your profile page.