Personalize your profile settings
In your profile settings you'll find a number of options that affect your interactions with the intranet - like your preferred language, timezone and notification preferences.
You can access your profile settings in three ways:
- Click on your name or profile picture in the top right (bottom right when using the mobile app), and click Settings in the menu that opens.
- On your profile page, click the down arrow on the right to open the Page Controls. Then click Settings.
- Click on the Alerts menu. In the Notifications tab, click the gear icon on the bottom right.
After making changes to your profile settings, make sure to click Save in the bottom right.
Administrators can change the settings on a user's profile by going to the user's profile page, clicking the down arrow on the right of the Page Controls, and clicking Settings in the options that appear.
- Timezone: Select from a complete list of all timezones around the world. The times listed on calendars on your intranet will depend on your timezone.
- Preferred language: Choose the default language that you wish to view pages in. This will only be available if your intranet adminstrator has enabled multiple languages.
- Time display: Choose whether you want to view times on the intranet in 12 or 24 hour format. If your preferred language is English, this setting will default to 12 hour. If your preferred language is Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, or Russian, this setting will default to 24 hour.
- View archived content: Check the box to show archived content when viewing the intranet. When unselected, archived content will be hidden from view. (Versions <10.2: The checkbox is called Hide archived content from my view and when it is selected, archived content does not show for the user.) See how to archive a page for more information.
- Alternate emails: If you have multiple email addresses, enter them here to have your intranet recognize emails from these other addresses as coming from you. This allows you to use email addresses other than your primary one for features like creating a page on the intranet by email.
Intranet alerts and Email
You can select whether you receive in-app alerts or email notifications for intranet activity that happens on pages that you follow. In-app notifications appear in the Alerts menu on the Application Toolbar. As of version 10.2, profile settings allow you to select whether to receive in-app or email notifications individually for each of the listed activity types. To learn more about notifications, see Following and alerts overview.
Select the corresponding checkboxes to receive in-app notifications and email notifications when content that you follow is updated in various ways. (eg. edited, moved, deleted or new page added)
Mentions and collaboration
Select the corresponding checkboxes to receive in-app alerts and email notifications when you are @mentioned on content, or when collaborative updates occur on content that you follow. (eg. comments, updates, follows, likes)
Choose whether to receive a daily catch-up email that summarizes activity on content you follow, and a weekly newsletter email that summarizes activity on popular pages. Turn the toggle ON to receive a summary, and OFF to not receive summaries.
Turning the toggles in the Following rules section ON will result in you automatically following content when you perform the listed actions to content (add, edit, bookmark, comment, share, join group), or when someone else @mentions you on the intranet. The type of notifications that you will receive (in-app or email) depend on the settings you have selected in the Notifications section of the profile settings page (described above).
You can also manually follow content by clicking the flag icon at the top of any page.