New user settings
Administrators can select the settings they want to apply to new users for Archived content, Auto-following and Notification emails and Email newsletters. Users can then modify their own settings at any time from their profile settings page.
To change New user settings:
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notification & newsletter settings page. Click Defaults for new users.
- Select the checkboxes for the default settings you want to apply for new users in four areas:
- Viewing archived content
- Automatically following content
- Receiving notification emails
- Receiving email newsletters
- Click Save.
Users can change their notification settings at any time. To do this, a user clicks on their name or profile photo in the top right of the Application Toolbar and clicks Settings in the dropdown menu. The user can then change the checkbox options under the Notification Settings section for Auto-following, Notification emails and Email newsletters, and click Save to save the changes.
Administrators can also change these Settings for a specific user. To do this, an administrator goes to the user's profile page, clicks the down arrow in the Page Controls, and clicks Settings in the options that appear. The administrator can then change the checkbox options under the Notifications Settings section and click Save to save the changes for that user.
Administrators can also change notification settings for an individual using the method for multiple users below.
Change settings for multiple existing users
As of Version 9.3+, administrators can change the notification settings for multiple users and groups at once using the Existing user settings page. This page allows you to change individual settings for people and groups, rather than having to change all of the notification settings - unselected settings will not be updated.
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notification & newsletter settings page. Click Update existing user.
- Click in the Search field under Users and start typing the name of a user or group whose settings you want to change.
- Click on the user or group name to select it when it appears in the dropdown menu. (Tip: Select 'All Registered Users' to change this for all users on your site.)
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to add more users or groups. (Click the X beside a name to remove it from the list.)
- Click Continue.
- Select the checkboxes for the settings that you want to change for the users you have selected.
- For each setting you select, adjust the toggle on the right of the setting to whether you want the setting ON or OFF. Unselected settings will not be changed.
- Click Update.
- Click Update in the Update Notification Settings box to confirm the change.