As of version 10.2, admins can select the settings for in-app notifications in addition to email notifications for new and existing users. Users can also select their own personal settings for which in-app and email notifications they want to receive.
New user settings
Administrators can choose the settings they want to apply to new users for archived content, in-app and email notifications, email newsletters and following rules. Users can then modify their own settings at any time from their profile settings page.
To change new user settings:
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notification & newsletter settings page. Click Defaults for new users.
- Select the checkboxes or change the toggles for the default settings you want to apply for new users in these areas:
- Viewing archived content
- Select the checkbox if you want archived content to be visible by default for new users.
- Deselect the checkbox if you want archived content to be hidden by default for new users.
- Content updates/Mentions and collaboration: Select the checkboxes under the Alerts and Email columns to choose which in-app and email notifications you want new users to receive.
- Summaries: Turn the toggle ON/OFF to choose whether new users will receive the Daily catch-up email or the Weekly newsletter email.
- Following rules
- Turn the toggles ON/OFF to choose which user actions will result in automatically following content for new users.
- Viewing archived content
- Click Save.
Users can change their notification settings at any time. To do this, a user clicks on their name or profile photo in the top right of the Application Toolbar and clicks Settings in the dropdown menu. The user can then change the options under the Notifications and Following rules sections to choose what alerts and email notifications they will receive and what actions will cause them to automatically follow content.
Administrators can also change these settings for a specific user. To do this, an administrator goes to the user's profile page, clicks the down arrow in the Page Controls, and clicks Settings in the options that appear. The administrator can then change the checkbox options under the Notifications and Following rules sections and click Save to save the changes for that user.
Administrators can also change notification settings for an individual using the method for multiple users below.
Change settings for multiple existing users
Administrators can change the notification settings for multiple users and groups at once using the Existing user settings page. This page allows you to change individual settings for people and groups, rather than having to change all of the notification settings - unselected settings will not be updated.
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notification & newsletter settings page. Click Update existing users.
- Click in the Search field under Users and start typing the name of a user or group whose settings you want to change.
- Click on the user or group name to select it when it appears in the dropdown menu. (Tip: Select "All Registered Users" to change this for all users on your site.)
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to add more users or groups. (Click the X beside a name to remove it from the list.)
- Click Continue.
- Select the checkboxes for the settings that you want to change for the users you have selected.
- For each setting you select, adjust the Alerts and Email toggles on the right of the setting to whether you want the setting on or off. Unselected settings will not be changed.
- Click Update.
- Click Update in the Update Notification Settings box to confirm the change.