Daily Email Check-up and Weekly Email Newsletter setting
Daily Email Check-ups and Weekly Email Newsletters are sent out to give intranet users a summary of activity on the intranet and intranet pages that are popular that week. Administrators can choose whether new users will receive these emails by default. Individual users can choose whether to receive the daily and weekly emails by editing the notifications tab of their profile settings.
Sample email newsletters are viewable on the Notification & newsletter settings > Email newsletter settings Admin page by clicking the Sample catch-up and Sample newsletter links. The sample email links display images of sample newsletters with labels explaining the different components of the email.
To change the Daily email catch-up settings:
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notifications & newsletter settings page. Click on Email newsletters.
- Under the Daily email catch-up heading, check the box to turn on daily emails.
- Click on the time of day to open the dropdown menu, and select the time when you want the email to be sent.
- Select the number of items to display in the email from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To change the Weekly email newsletter settings:
- Go to the Admin panel: Notifications section > Notifications & newsletter settings page. Click on Email newsletter settings.
- Under the Weekly Email Newsletter heading, check the box to enable weekly emails.
- Click on the day of the week and time of day to open the dropdown menus, and select the day and time when you want the email to be sent.
- Select the number of Personalized items to display in the email from the dropdown menu. (Note that some users may see fewer items if there was no activity on the content they follow in a particular week.)
- Select the number of Popular items to display in the email from the dropdown menu.
- Select the checkbox if you want to "Exclude top level navigation pages from popular items".
- Click Save.
Change new or existing users' daily and weekly email settings
Follow the instructions on the Notification settings page to change whether new users or existing users will receive the Daily email catch-up and the Weekly email newsletter. Remember that individual users can still choose whether or not to receive these emails by changing their own profile settings.