When ThoughtFarmer receives an email message, it follows these rules:
- If the message is addressed to a mailing list, then the message will get added to the archive page for the mailing list.
- If the message is not addressed to a mailing list, then ThoughtFarmer determines which user sent the message, and adds the page as private content beneath the profile page of that user.
Any message that fails the above rules will be placed into the unidentified email queue, which can be found by going to the ThoughtFarmer Administration Panel: Notifications section > Unidentified email page.
Handling unidentified email
On the unidentified email page, all of the unidentified email messages are listed in a table. You can quickly see why the message ended up on this page by checking the Status column.
You can perform the following actions on unidentified email:
- Delete unidentified email: Click the checkbox beside the email in the first column and then click Delete checked at the top.
- View the actual message: Click the gear icon in the Action column, and then select View from the menu that opens.
- Have ThoughtFarmer process the message again: Click the gear icon in the Action column, and then select Retry from the menu that opens. This is useful if the message ended up here due to a configuration issue.
- Turn the email into a private page in your place page: Click the gear icon in the Action column, and then select Convert to private page from the menu that opens.